Monday, January 16, 2012

Pearl Harbor

Ok, today was a super long day. Remember there's a 4 hour difference and Lee set us up for a tour of the Pearl Harbor Museums today. Problem? They picked us up at 6:15 am. Remember I ate supper at 10:00pm. Very little sleep but this morning my body said it was 8:00am when I couldn't sleep past 4:00am. Anyway, got on a bus with a tour guide called "Cowboy" and 21 people total. We got to the first museum before they opened and the sun was just peeking. Cowboy knew what he was doing though and the tour buses were almost pouring in the gate. We saw the USS Bowfin submarine, the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Missouri, and the Pacific Aviation Museum. What a full day! I can't possibly go into it all right now. It's 10:15 and my laptop says 2:15. So a few quick pictures because I know certain people are waiting to hear what's next Oma....)
USS Bowfin submarine
Jacky

The submarine was wonderful. We had an audio tour which was great except that every time I took a picture, my headphones would slide off. And I took a LOT of pictures. It was a typical submarine, very cramped inside. It always makes me think of dollhouses, as if everything inside is miniature. Can't imagine being weeks on the ship. Of course, the one tour guide told us the men hardly ever showered. Can you imagine!!!!!
I'm going to go ahead and post this so I can go to bed, but I intend on adding to it. Our internet connection in the room isn't working so I'm in the hotel lobby and it's hot....no air circulation. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Doing good, Lori. This day must have been very interesting.

    ReplyDelete